When you make small videos with your phone and then want to play them on a computer or send them to YouTube, it’s not very complicated because the software VLC can read everything and the YouTube streaming platform accepts the vast majority of video files. But it gets more complicated when you want to play videos on a TV or on an iPhone or iPad device. It is then necessary to go through a video conversion step, often complex and time-consuming to carry out.
That’s why we tested a video conversion software that does a good job in a very simple way. A software that is easy to understand and use, even without opening the user manual.
Movavi Video Converter is a tool that will, as its name suggests, convert videos into many possible formats. And rather than talking about it MKV MP4 AAC H.265, the assistant proposes to convert movies and videos to devices: iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S7 under Android, TV LG 4K UltraHD and the same Sony PS4 video game consoles or PSP . Movavi software automatically selects the best image codec, supported resolution, frame rate and audio codec for the destination device.
The utility also knows how to encode videos to send them to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo or Instagram.
Download Movavi Video Converter
Go to the site Movavi Video Converter to download the software that exists in Windows or Mac format.
A 7-day trial period allows you to familiarize yourself with the product but you will then have to buy a license in standard (29.95€) or Premium (39.95€, recommended as more complete) version. Payment by credit card or PayPal on the official website of the publisher. At this price, you get a software with a license for life even if you change computers.
Video conversion with Movavi Video Converter
The process of converting a video is disconcertingly easy.
1. Click on”. Adding files “top left then” Adding videos “to upload one or more videos.
2. Select an output format by first choosing a tab (Popular, Video, Devices, Audio, Images) then in the desired format or type of device . Conversion to an iPhone or a TV Samsung is done in a few moments.
3. Click on the blue button “. Convert “to start the operation. The conversion time depends on the performance of the computer (especially processor and hard disk / SSD but also graphics card and amount of RAM).
4. The converted videos are found by default in the “Movavi Library” folder of the Windows Video Library.
For example, with a GoPro video in FullHD choose a conversion to Sony 4K Ultra HD TV will transform the video to a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, or a UHD 4K as requested.
You can also choose the maximum size of the output file and the software will automatically adjust the resolution and quality according to the output weight. The wizard specifies even if the requested size will give a video of low or optimal quality.
Convert a video to an audio file
Movavi Video Converter software is also capable of transforming a video into an audio file. MP3, WAV , M4A (Apple), FLAC , AAC , AC3 or even OGG other file types are available with a multitude of settings, which can also be customized. We can thus take the audio out of a concert video to have it in 192kbps or 320kpbs mp3 and listen to it in the car on a key USB or use it as an alarm clock on his phone.
Other Movavi Video Converter Premium features
More than just a simple conversion software, Movavi Video Converter Premium costs only €10 more than the standard version and can modify or enhance movies and videos:
- Cutting out delete a part or keep only the beginning of the video, for example
- Trim : crop the video to zoom in on the image
- Adjustments Modify brightness, contrast and saturation (Automatic button available)
- Stabilization correct the effects of motion in one or more videos
- Volume Increase, decrease or normalize the sound volume of the video + remove the audio noise
- Rotate Turn the video over at 90° or in horizontal / vertical symmetry
- Watermark Insert text or watermark image on the entire video
- Subtitles add subtitles from an srt, ass or ssa file