The antivirus protection solution Kaspersky Endpoint Security protects corporate IT assets. More useful on Windows than on Linux, antivirus software will prevent virus-like threats but KES also knows how to block attacks (firewall / firewall), malware and detect spam in email.
To keep maximum protection, the Russian publisher advises to always install the latest version of its security software. The applications KES are regularly updated and it is important to be aware of these releases depending on the client operating system. For example, the version KES 10 SP2 is more recent than KES 10 SP1 but will not be compatible with Windows 10 versions 1803 and 1809 while the 2017 SP1 edition is compatible.
It is essential in the management of a company’s IT assets to keep a protection solution up to date.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security compatibility with Windows
Kaspersky Endpoint Security compatibility with Windows Server
Detail of Kaskersky’s versions KES
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Windows (version 126.96.36.199.6499)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 2 (10.3.0.6294)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 1 (10.3.0.6294)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Service Pack 2 (version 10.3.0.0.6294)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 4 (10.2.6.3733)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 3 (10.2.5.3201)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 2 (10.2.4.674)
Note that the build number 10.3.0.0.6294 is the same for KES SP2 MR1 and 2. KAV differentiates it on its support site: 10.3.0.6294MR1 and 10.3.0.6294MR2.
This does not apply to antivirus software for Kaspersky Internet Security or Total Security, which only protects Windows Home / Family versions.
KES is compatible with Windows 10 Pro (Professional), Enterprise, 8.1 Pro and Enterprise, 8 Pro and Enterprise, 7 SP1 Professional – Enterprise and Integral, Windows Server 2016, Server 2012 R2 Standard, Server 2012 Standard, Server 2012 Standard and Foundation, Small Business Server 2011 Standard, Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard and Enterprise, Server 2008 SP2 Standard and Enterprise. KES 10 and KES 11 are not compatible with Windows XP Vista and Server 2003 / R2.
Before its release, Windows Server 2019 is already announced as compatible with KES 10 and 11. By the official release date, there will certainly be a new version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security that should be installed for optimal protection.