A bad choice of image or a desire to become more discreet about your identity, the profile photo of the Microsoft Office 365 account no longer suits you. At home or at work, the Office 365 account avatar is displayed in every email sent and on all Office suite software in shared mode (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…). While it is easy to replace a profile image with another photo, deleting the image to restore an impersonal avatar is much easier.
This tutorial explains how to delete the profile image of an Office 365 account whether personal or a member of an organization (company, association).
Delete the Microsoft Office 365 avatar
1. Open a web browser and login to the Office 365 account Personnel or Business Premium / Enterprise E1, E3 or E5.
2. Click on the first name last name at the top right and then ” My Office profile » :
3. Click on the blue button “. Update your profile » :
4. Then comes the more complicated part: look for the “line”. How can I change the language and region settings ” (nothing to do with the profile picture…). By clicking on it, a text appears and click on the small “. here “to open another page.
In English, this sentence is “How can I change language and regional settings?” then “click Here”.
5. Click on”. Edit your photo » :
6. A page opens ( this link ), with the profile picture and some options in the right side menu. If this is not the case, click on the avatar on the “My Account” page to display the side banner.
Simply click on”. Delete “with the trashcan icon to delete the profile image used on the Office 365 account.
7. The profile image changes to grey, click on “. Registering “to validate the deletion of the image.
Old method to delete an Office 365 photo
This is a method that works on older editions of Office 365, Personal and Enterprise (Business Premium).
1. Login to the site to the Office 365 account in a web browser.
2. Click on the name first name first name at the top right of the screen, then About me / My profile .
3. Go to ” Go to “. Edit your profile » / « Edit your account » :
4. Click on”. Change your photo » / « Edit my photo » :
5. In the window that opens, instead of replacing the image, click on the cross to delete this photo (remove) and validate with Save / Registering .