This guide will explain how to print a photo with your personal printer on classic white paper or photo paper. It also works with images downloaded from the internet or received by email. So it’s a simple way to print holiday or family photos to frame them, without having to go to the photographer or order prints online from a photo printing site.
This seemingly simple operation is not as obvious because the “print” menu is hidden with the Windows 10 image viewer.
Printing a photo with a Windows 10 computer
1. Go to the folder where the photo is stored , for example in the Images library.
2. Double click on the picture that you want to print.
3. Click on the icon of the « 3 balls “at the top right of the screen.
4. In this menu, select”. Print out » :
5. A menu opens with printing options:
- Printer: the printer connected to the PC
- Copies: number of copies of the photo to be printed
- Orientation: portrait (high leaf) or landscape (large format)
- Paper tray: leave as is
- Paper size: A4 by default, change according to the paper used
- Paper type: Computer paper for classic paper or choose Photo paper if this is the case
- Photo dimensions: print the photo as large as possible or set a specific size
- Adjust: “Fill the page” will crop a piece of image, in this case choose “Reduce to adjust”
- Color mode: print in color or black and white
Click on the ” button Print out “to start printing the photo.