The first major update of 2019 for Windows 10 is named May 2019 Update with version number 1903. If the principle does not change, the method of joining an Active Directory domain from Windows 10 Professional or Windows 10 Education has slightly changed. This tutorial shows how to join a local Active Directory domain from a Windows 10 workstation version 1903 May 2019 Update . Active Directory Azure domains have only one step difference to connect to a AD in the cloud.
The procedure has changed somewhat since the versions Windows 10 original , 1703 and 1709 .
Joining a local Active Directory domain with Windows 10 1903 May 2019 Update
1. Open the Windows 10 Settings by opening the start menu and by clicking on the icon in the shape of toothed wheel .
2. Go to ” Go to “. Accounts » :
3. In the left-hand menu, click on “. Professional or School Access » :
4. Then click on”. Login to the site “in the middle of the screen:
5. To join an Active Directory domain with a Windows 10 version 1903 workstation, choose one of the following options:
- Attach this device to Azure Active Directory (in the cloud )
- Attach this device to a local Active Directory domain (the classic case of a domain controller in a LAN or through a VPN )
In the case of a traditional local domain, choose the second proposal.
6. Fill in the domain name in its form DNS (for example domain.local) and click on Next .
7. Login with an account Director of the Board of Directors AD or a user authorized to add computers to the domain.
8. Indicate the user account name AD that will be connected to this PC Windows 10, for example the login of the user of the workstation. Also specify whether this account should be limited ( Standard user ) or with all rights on the machine ( Director of the Board of Directors local).
9. Validate to Restart now so that the machine immediately joins the Active Directory domain.
10. The proposed login is that of the user previously entered. Log in with this one or another domain account.