Office 365 account holders do not necessarily use the Outlook software of the Microsoft Office suite or webmail, even though it is of high quality. At home with an Office 365 Personal or Family subscription, at work with Office 365 Essentials, Business Premium or E3, the principle and features remain the same.
The email address linked to the account Office 365 can be used by third party tools to send and/or receive emails: standard software Thunderbird a business application, backup software, alerts from a NAS , notifications from a Netatmo station, etc.
This tutorial gives the server addresses IMAP , POP 3 and SMTP of Microsoft Office 365 to use the email account as a outbox (SMTP / SMTP S), a receiving agent POP / POP 3, a consultation tool (IMAP / IMAP S), etc. These uses are authorized within the limits imposed by Microsoft Exchange Online.
Server address IMAP Office 365
- Incoming server IMAP : outlook.office365.com
- Port : 993
- SSL activated
Two other information is requested:
- Login / login / username: the complete e-mail address such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password / password: the password associated with this Office365 account
Server address POP / POP 3 Office 365
- Incoming server POP 3 : outlook.office365.com
- Port: 995
- TLS / SSL activated
- Login / login / username: the entire email address, for example email@example.com
- Password: the password of the Office365 account
Server address SMTP Office 365
- Outgoing server SMTP : smtp.office365.com
- Port : 587
- SSL / TLS activated
Two other information necessary to authenticate:
- Login / login / username: complete email address, like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: the password of this Office365 mailbox