The Google Docs online word processing tool is easy to use. Very easy to understand with icons that remind you of Word, OpenOffice or LibreOffice, Google Drive’s web software is more than enough to write a CV a letter, an internship report, a book. While everything is easy to guess by the rows of icons that appear on the screen, other functions are accessible by the menus displayed: insertion, format, editing.
This tutorial explains how to modify the margins of a Google Doc document i.e. change the layout to reduce or enlarge the upper, lower, left and right margins of the document of text. This is also where you can set the page orientation, paper size and page color.
Google Docs is the free online equivalent of Microsoft Word from Office package (free of charge also, if necessary).
Change the layout margins of a Google Docs document
1. Open a document Google Docs or create a new one from scratch Google Drive .
2. Go to the menu File and Page configuration .
3. The “Page Configuration” opens in the middle of the screen.
4. The default margins are indicated in centimeters: 2.54 for Top, Bottom, Left and Right. Modify margin values , in centimeters knowing that the decimal point is done with a period”. » :
5. Confirm with the blue button “. OK “to take into account the changes.
Note: It is important to put the decimals after a period. The comma will not be taken into account and will delete the decimal place after validation, so the change will not be taken into account.