Since 2019, the software iTunes to manage iPad, iPhone and iPod is no longer installed as a simple program on Windows. You must now go through the Microsoft Store of Windows 10 to download and install the Apple suite.
Here is an explanation to know where to download and how to install iTunes software on a Windows 10 computer . The iTunes version on Microsoft Store is compatible for W10 from version 1709 onwards, i. e. Fall Creators Update . All subsequent versions are therefore compatible, starting with the fall 2017 update.
Windows 10: Download and install iTunes
1. Click on this link from the computer where you want to install iTunes: iTunes on Microsoft Store
2. Click on the blue button “. Download » :
3. In the window that opens, from the Microsoft Store, click again on the blue button “. Download “or” or” Install » :
4. The download starts immediately. The installation is done automatically in the process, without any action to perform.
If a “Connection” window appears on the screen, simply close it with the cross. This concerns users in “local account” (without Microsoft account on W10, i.e. who have not linked their PC Windows to an e-mail address). Since the download is done via the Windows platform, Microsoft will take the opportunity to encourage you to sign in to an online account. Not required to download iTunes.
5. Once the message “This product is installed” appears on the screen, click on “This product is installed”. Launch “to open iTunes.
6. Apple iTunes software is open. Click on”. Accept “in blue to start using the management program for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch.
Why not go to the Apple site to download iTunes?
Because Apple sends users back from PC Windows on the Microsoft Store. Apple no longer hosts the iTunes application for Windows. Apple computers (Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro…) must also use the Apple Store to add iTunes (which is preinstalled with macOS ).